Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Post-poned Spring Cleaning!

I already finished my third composition for school but decided to post it on Halloween because it seems more fitting. Meanwhile, I've been looking through my computer and cleaning it up. I usually tend to leave URL addresses on my desktop to keep them and visit them later but my desktop was really cluttered. Here is some work that I made roughly a year ago during my second time taking character design. Looking back on it now, I remember being really proud about all the work I was creating.
                                                     



I'm still debating posting the work I have from my first semester taking character design..... I really don't know what I was thinking. Most of the work looks silly but I guess I was still learning.

P.S. My character design teacher was Charles Zembillas, (Designer of Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, among others). He is a really talented and motivated guy. There are few teachers at CSUN that I can say really taught me about art like he did. Almost every class, he would have a story to tell us about his past experiences as an artist, as well as a teacher. Going to his class was very inspiring...being in a classroom with like-minded people really motivated me to draw and try to get better. He would sit down with each student and talk about their work and give suggestions on how to improve it and always say something positive. In addition to being a teacher at CSUN, he also has his own private school. I highly recommend taking a class with him if you live in the Burbank or Los Angeles area. However, the last time I talked to him, he mentioned starting an online class where you can basically take the class from wherever you live.

Here is the info....The Animation Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment