Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Batter up!

 2H and 6B graphite, green polychromos, brush pen, ballpoint, photoshop 

photoshop
Over the last couple of weeks, during my free time, I been working on this piece and a couple of others. It started as a doodle but quickly turned into a pain in the butt. I struggled a lot with the pose and trying to make it feel right. At one point I thought I had it, but then I re-watched David Colman's character design DVD and then I started to ask myself so many questions about the design, feeling, what reaction I was getting from it and if it was what I wanted. It eventually became so complex and frustrating that I decided to try to get back to my initial drawing and stop thinking about it so much and just draw.

I'm still bothered by a few design aspects but I'm glad I got through it and managed to learn from my mistakes, hopefully. 

My favorite part of completing a piece is getting to color it. With this piece I tried something different with the rendering and I think it paid of.

P.s. Save Versions! (had a little mishap and lost a chunk of work)

No comments:

Post a Comment